For an easy autumn dessert thats ready in minutes, team juicy late-season plums with vanilla-scented rice pudding.
The ingredient of Creamy rice pudding with plum compote
- 1 cup (220g) white medium-grain rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400g blood plums
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) port
The instruction how to make Creamy rice pudding with plum compote
- For compote, place all ingredients in a pan with 1/4 cup (60ml) water, stirring to combine. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the plums are soft and liquid is syrupy. Cool slightly, or chill for up to 5 days if desired.
- Combine cooked rice and remaining ingredients in a pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until thick and creamy. Serve pudding topped with compote.
Nutritions of Creamy rice pudding with plum compotecalories: 521.02 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 141 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 77.48 milligrams sodium