Slow cooker makes jambalaya a snap. Be distinct to check the last hour or two to maintenance the rice from overcooking.
The ingredient of Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast cut into 1/2-inch cubes, lean
- 12 ounces andouille sausage cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups rice medium-grain white
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 1 panic pepper green, red, or both, chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
The instruction how to make Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- Mix all ingredients except green onions in slow 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Watch carefully during the last 1 hour (low) or 1/2 hour (high) of cooking to prevent rice from overcooking.
- Just before serving, check seasoning and add green onions.