Made from raisins and orange rind, this zesty dessert pudding is a dessert winner.
The ingredient of Raisin and orange bread & butter pudding
- 6 slices white bread
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 x 67g extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 300ml cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 orange rind, finely grated
- Icing sugar, ice cream, extra orange rind, to serve
The instruction how to make Raisin and orange bread & butter pudding
- Dust with icing sugar and serve pudding with ice cream or cream. Sprinkle extra orange rind over the top of each serving, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C fan. Butter both sides of bread and cut in half. Arrange slices in 2 layers in a greased 8 or 10 cup ovenproof pudding dish (try a 23cm square baking dish) and sprinkle over raisins.
- Combine eggs, sugar, orange rind, mixed spice, cream and milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour over bread and allow to soak in for 10 mins.
- Place dish with pudding mixture in a large baking dish and fill with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 40 mins or until set. Allow to stand for 5-10 mins before serving.
Nutritions of Raisin and orange bread & butter puddingcalories: