Feed the masses with no hassles. This easy sticky banana dessert is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser â€” weve made it bigger and better!
The ingredient of Sticky banana pudding with toffee sauce
- 5 large bananas
- 1 2/3 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 250g butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
The instruction how to make Sticky banana pudding with toffee sauce
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) baking pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends. Thinly slice 2 bananas diagonally. Mash remaining bananas (youll need 1 1/2 cups). Sprinkle pan base with 1/3 cup brown sugar. Arrange banana slices over sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour and spice over mixture. Stir to combine. Add mashed banana and buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Spread over banana in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack.
- Make sauce: Place caster sugar and 3/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in cream (be careful, as mixture will spatter). Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Cut pudding into squares. Serve with sauce. To reheat cake, microwave single pieces on high (100%) for 20 seconds.
Nutritions of Sticky banana pudding with toffee saucecalories: 400.325 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 100 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 284.56 milligrams sodium