This fruity winter pudding is perfect for cooler evenings.
The ingredient of Mixed apple & berry sponge pudding
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 500g frozen mixed berries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons whisky
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Thick cream mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to serve
The instruction how to make Mixed apple & berry sponge pudding
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place the apple, juice and 1 cup (220g) sugar in a small pan and cook over low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apple softens slightly. Cool, then stir through berries. Transfer to a 1.25 litre baking dish. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, whisky, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl until combined. Set aside. Place fl our, baking powder and remaining sugar in a bowl. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, whisking well to form a smooth batter. Pour over fruit, then bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cinnamon cream.
Nutritions of Mixed apple & berry sponge puddingcalories: 445.018 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 90 grams carbohydrates
calories: 71 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 75 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 311.79 milligrams sodium