This indulgent pudding is made lighter with spelt flour, coconut sugar and antioxidant-rich cacao.
The ingredient of Cacao and spelt self-saucing pudding
- 155g (1 cup) white spelt flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder, plus extra, to serve
- 60g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250ml (1 cup) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50ml melted coconut oil
- Low-fat vanilla yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Raw cacao nibs, to serve (optional)
- 100g coconut sugar
- 30g (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water, boiling
The instruction how to make Cacao and spelt self-saucing pudding
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly grease a 2L (8 cup) baking dish with coconut oil. Sift the flour and cacao into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and baking powder to combine. Make a well in centre.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla in a jug. Add the milk mixture and melted coconut oil to the well. Use a balloon whisk to stir until smooth and combined. Spoon into the prepared dish.
- For the sauce, combine the sugar and cacao powder in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Gradually pour the boiling water over the back of a spoon evenly over the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm to touch and a skewer inserted halfway into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Dust with the extra cacao powder and serve immediately dolloped with yoghurt and sprinkled with cacao nibs, if using.
Nutritions of Cacao and spelt self-saucing puddingcalories: 234.459 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 37 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams protein