Retire to the living room and enjoy these magic treacle puddings in front of an open fire.
The ingredient of Treacle puddings with ginger ice-cream
- 1L ctn vanilla ice-cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons glace ginger, finely chopped
- Melted butter, to grease
- 80ml (1/3 cup) treacle
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) buttermilk
- Extra treacle, to serve
The instruction how to make Treacle puddings with ginger ice-cream
- Transfer ice-cream to a large bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes to soften. Fold in the glace ginger. Return the mixture to the ice-cream container. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Brush six 250ml (1-cup) capacity pudding moulds with melted butter. Line bases with non-stick baking paper. Place 2 teaspoons of treacle in each mould.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter, sugar and remaining treacle in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a metal spoon to fold in the flour, mixed spice and cloves. Stir in the buttermilk. Divide mixture among moulds. Cut 6 discs from non-stick baking paper and place over the surface of the mixture. Cover with foil. Place moulds in a roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the moulds. Cover pan with foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Turn the puddings into bowls or cups. Top with extra treacle. Serve with ginger ice-cream.
Nutritions of Treacle puddings with ginger ice-creamcalories: 568.82 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams protein