Take bread and butter pudding to new heights with this rum and raisin version. Serve with ice-cream and fresh strawberries.
The ingredient of Rum and raisin bread and butter pudding
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 3/4 cups light milk
- 5 slices raisin bread, halved diagonally
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar
- 4 scoops low-fat ice-cream, to serve
- 250g sliced strawberries, to serve
The instruction how to make Rum and raisin bread and butter pudding
- Lightly spray a 5cm deep, 20cm (base), 5-cup capacity baking dish with oil.
- Place sugar and eggs in a bowl. Beat with a fork until pale. Add vanilla, orange rind, rum and milk. Beat until well combined.
- Arrange bread in dish, overlapping slices. Pour over egg mixture. Stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Place pudding on a baking tray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream and strawberries.
Nutritions of Rum and raisin bread and butter puddingcalories: 360.89 calories
calories: 8.4 grams fat
calories: 3.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 51.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 261 milligrams sodium