Encase creamy ice-cream in clouds of meringue for a magical melting moment.
The ingredient of Bombe Alaska
- 4 x 2cm-thick slices bought Madeira cake
- 4 scoops Connoisseur chocolate honey nougat ice-cream
- 2 egg whites
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Bombe Alaska
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a round 7cm diameter pastry cutter to cut 1 disc from each slice of cake. Place the discs on the lined tray. Top each disc with a scoop of ice-cream. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spread the ice-cream stacks with meringue. Bake for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Bombe Alaskacalories: 575.034 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 85 grams carbohydrates
calories: 59 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 566.68 milligrams sodium