The secret ingredient that makes this delicious chocolate cake super moist? Canned tomato soup!
The ingredient of Chocolate soup cake
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 400g dark brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) canned tomato soup
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 80g good-quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 250g sour cream, brought to room temperature
- 250g dark (70%) chocolate, chopped
- 400g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) pure icing sugar, sifted
The instruction how to make Chocolate soup cake
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease the base and sides of two 20cm round cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until thick and pale. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in soup, flour, cocoa and sour cream until completely combined.
- Divide evenly between prepared pans and smooth using a palette knife. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely in pans.
- For the icing, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water) and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place butter and icing sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until thick and pale. Add the melted chocolate and beat until smooth and combined.
- Spread 1 cake with 1 cup icing, then top with remaining cake. Cover the top and sides with a thick layer of icing, swirling to create peaks, and cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate soup cakecalories: