Wow your family and friends with this layered chocolate cake made with creamy mascarpone and fresh berries.
The ingredient of Chocolate cake with mascarpone and berries
- 2 x 535g pkts White Wings Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 120g butter, softened
- 350ml water
- 125g raspberries
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
- 250g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 100g butter, extra, softened
- 75g blueberries
- 125g strawberries, quartered
- White chocolate curls, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate cake with mascarpone and berries
- Preheat oven 180C. Grease and line the base of two 20cm round cake pans with baking paper.
- Prepare the cakes with the eggs, butter and water following packet directions. Bake for 60 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, push half the raspberries through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Discard seeds. Stir in 2 tbsp of the icing sugar.
- Use an electric mixture to beat the mascarpone, cream and remaining icing sugar in a small bowl until firm peaks form. Fold half the raspberry mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use a serrated knife to trim the top of each cooled cake. Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread the top of the cake with jam and top with the mascarpone mixture. Top with the remaining cake.
- Prepare the chocolate icing from the cake packets with the milk and extra butter following packet directions. Spread over the top of the cake. Decorate with remaining raspberries, blueberries and strawberry. Drizzle with remaining raspberry mixture and sprinkle with chocolate curls to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate cake with mascarpone and berriescalories: