End your Christmas feast with these chocolate-drenched gingerbread cakes.
The ingredient of Chocolate-glazed gingerbread cakes
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1/4 cup (95g) molasses
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (125g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 65g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75g) chopped glace ginger
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100ml pure (thin) cream
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon glucose syrup
The instruction how to make Chocolate-glazed gingerbread cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan and line bases with baking paper. Place honey, molasses, sugar and milk in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Place flour, baking powder, spices, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add egg and cooled honey mixture, then whiz for 1 minute or until a smooth batter forms. Divide among prepared muffin holes, then bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make ganache, place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a pan over medium-low heat and bring almost to the boil. Add to chocolate and stir until smooth. Add butter and glucose syrup, and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature, then dip cakes in ganache, allowing ganache to drip down sides. Top with glace ginger to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate-glazed gingerbread cakescalories: