Now you can go sweet and skinny with this low-calorie dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate, zucchini & spelt cakes
- 300g (2 cups) white spelt flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Coles apple sauce
- 85g (1/3 cup) coconut oil, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 zucchini (about 250g), grated
- 260g (1 cup) no-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder, sifted
The instruction how to make Chocolate, zucchini & spelt cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) capacity muffin pans. Sift the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon and bicarb into a large bowl, then make a well in the centre.
- Combine the maple syrup, apple sauce, melted coconut oil, egg and zucchini in a bowl. Add the mixture to the well in flour. Stir until just combined. Spoon among prepared muffin pans. Bake for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the chocolate sauce, whisk the maple syrup and cacao powder in a small bowl until smooth and combined.
- Divide warm cakes among plates. Drizzle with sauce and serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Chocolate, zucchini & spelt cakescalories: 243.78 calories
calories: 8.8 grams fat
calories: 6.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 34.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 7.7 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 81 milligrams sodium