The taste of chocolate can make the middle of the week less painful, so indulging in this mousse is a form of medicine... well, sort of...
The ingredient of Two-tone chocolate mousse
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 400ml thickened cream, chilled
- 200g Toblerone chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- 6 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Two-tone chocolate mousse
- Combine dark chocolate and 50ml cream in a small, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Repeat with Toblerone and 50ml cream.
- Beat 3 egg yolks with a fork to combine. Add to melted dark chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Repeat with remaining egg yolks and Toblerone mixture.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until thick and glossy. Add 1 tablespoon eggwhite to dark chocolate mixture. Mix well. Add 1 tablespoon eggwhite to Toblerone mixture. Mix well. Divide remaining eggwhite between both chocolate mixtures. Fold in until just combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat remaining 300ml cream until soft peaks form. Fold half the cream into dark chocolate mixture and half into Toblerone mixture.
- Divide dark chocolate mixture into eight 2/3-cup capacity serving glasses. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Top with Toblerone mixture. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm. Dust with cocoa. Serve.
Nutritions of Two-tone chocolate moussecalories: 534.165 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 220 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 136.36 milligrams sodium