Made with dark chocolate, this buttery brownie makes for a delicious dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate brownie by Matt Preston
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- 120g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked salt
The instruction how to make Chocolate brownie by Matt Preston
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Melt the chocolate with butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. You can use the microwave for this or a bowl over (but not touching) a small saucepan of boiling water. Glove up and mind the steam if you use this latter method. When smooth, remove from heat. Stir in the sugar until it has dissolved into the chocolate. Whisk in one egg and then the next.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Sift a little of this flour into the chocolate mix and fold it in. Keep adding the flour into the mix until all of it is incorporated.
- Butter a low-sided metal slice tray, line with a sheet of baking paper that will lay across the tray and cover both the long sides and the bottom of the tray, and will act as a sling to lift the brownie out of the tin once its cooked.
- Fill the tin with the mixture. Sprinkle with a few grains of flaked salt. Bake for 25u201330 minutes, by which time the brownie should have risen, the top will look shiny and cracked in places, and if you jab it with a skewer in the middle it will still be a bit sticky and fudgy.
- Cook a little longer if the centre is still wet and sludgy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into squares and eat.
Nutritions of Chocolate brownie by Matt Prestoncalories: