Rich dark chocolate and coffee are combined in these more-ish fruit and nut squares.
The ingredient of Chocolate, hazelnut and fig squares
- 220g (1 1/2 cups) hazelnuts
- 125g butter, chopped
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) warm espresso coffee
- 200g granita biscuits (Arnotts brand)
- 150g whole dried dessert figs, coarsely chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Chocolate, hazelnut and fig squares
- Line the base and sides of a square 18cm (base measurement) cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Place hazelnuts in an oven bag and twist the opening to close. Cook, gently shaking the bag every minute, on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Stand for 3 minutes in the bag. Place hazelnuts on a clean tea towel and rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on High/800watts/100%, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in the coffee.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Stir into the chocolate mixture along with the hazelnuts and figs until well combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from pan. Cut into squares, dust with cocoa powder and serve
Nutritions of Chocolate, hazelnut and fig squarescalories: