Now you can have that after-dinner mint taste anytime of the day with this easy biscuit recipe.
The ingredient of Chocolate mint cookies
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 x 200g blocks dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g block milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
The instruction how to make Chocolate mint cookies
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift flours and cocoa over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Press into 2 discs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Roll 1 disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut rounds from dough. Place on prepared trays, 2cm apart, to allow room for spreading. Re-roll scraps and repeat. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until just firm. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining disc.
- 4 Meanwhile, make Ganache: Place milk chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Stir in essence. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until thick and spreadable. Using 2 teaspoons at a time, sandwich cookies together with ganache. Set aside for 1 hour or until set.
- Place dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium(50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Place biscuits on a wire rack set over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pour 1 tablespoon melted chocolate over each cookie to cover. Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate mint cookiescalories: 228.484 calories
calories: 13.7 grams fat
calories: 8.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.6 grams protein
calories: 26 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 75 milligrams sodium