Share the love with these wonderful, chocolate shortbread.
The ingredient of Chocolate Christmas shortbread buttons
- 200g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 180g block dark chocolate, chopped
- Assorted coloured sprinkles, to decorate
The instruction how to make Chocolate Christmas shortbread buttons
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Grease 3 large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Process butter, sugar, flours, vanilla and cocoa in a food processor, stopping and scraping down sides with a spatula, if needed, until dough just comes together, adding 2 teaspoons cold water, if required, to bring dough together. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently to combine.
- Roll 2 level teaspoons of dough into a ball. Place on 1 tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 10 minutes or until just firm to touch. Cool completely on trays.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon chocolate onto buttons, allowing it to drizzle down sides. Decorate with sprinkles. Set aside for 30 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate Christmas shortbread buttonscalories: 81.977 calories
calories: 4.5 grams fat
calories: 3.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.8 grams protein
calories: 6 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 16 milligrams sodium