Mini chocolate cakes topped with ganache and fresh raspberries make every occasion extra special.
The ingredient of Mini chocolate cakes
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g good-quality cooking chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 115g self-raising flour, sifted
- 30g cocoa powder
- Fresh raspberries, to garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 150g good-quality cooking chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
The instruction how to make Mini chocolate cakes
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C (not fan-forced). Grease and line the base of a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- Place the butter, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth, then allow to cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until pale and thick, stir in chocolate mixture, then fold in flour and cocoa powder. Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly in pan. Turn out onto a board and use a 6cm pastry cutter to cut 12 rounds.
- For the ganache, heat the cream in a small saucepan to scalding point. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour cream over top, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour a little ganache over each round of cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Nutritions of Mini chocolate cakescalories: