Cook boozy spiced pears into chocolate cake to make this irresistibly moist, rich and indulgent dessert.
The ingredient of Fireball pears in chocolate cake
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, u2028melted, cooled
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 100ml milk
- Double cream, to serve (optional)
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 3 (about 180g each) small pears, u2028peeled, halved lengthways, cored
The instruction how to make Fireball pears in chocolate cake
- To poach the pears, combine the water, whisky and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add the pear and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, turning occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until pear is tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pear to a plate lined with paper towel to dry. Increase heat to high. Bring syrup to the boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Line the base and side of a 20cm springform pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to extend 2cm above the pan.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate. Fold in the flours, cocoa powder and milk until well combined. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Arrange the pears in the top of the batter, sitting slightly upright. Bake for 1 hour 15u00a0minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool slightly in the pan. Slice the cake and serve warm, drizzled with the whisky syrup and with a dollop of the double cream, if using.
Nutritions of Fireball pears in chocolate cakecalories: 527.473 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 15.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 73.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47.1 grams sugar
calories: 6.6 grams protein
calories: 81 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 150 milligrams sodium