Yep, weve hidden chunky Cadbury Picnic Bars inside this luscious chocolate ice-cream cake for a fun (and most importantly, delicious) surprise!
The ingredient of Chocolate picnic arctic roll
- 3 eggs
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, plus extra, to dust
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) dark cocoa powder
- 1L chocolate ice-cream, softened slightly
- 3 1/2 (46g each) Picnic chocolate bars
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate picnic arctic roll
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line a 25 x 30cm Swiss roll pan.
- Use electric beaters to whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. Combine flour and cocoa. Sift over egg mixture. Use a metal spoon to gently fold until just combined. Pour into the pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 12 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- Meanwhile, lay a sheet of baking paper on a clean surface. Dust with extra sugar. Turn the hot sponge onto the paper. Remove lining. Starting from a short end, roll sponge in the paper. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Lay a large piece of foil on a work surface. Carefully unroll the sponge on the foil. Spoon the ice-cream over two-thirds of the sponge. Top with 2 1u20442 of the Picnic bars. Roll the sponge to enclose filling, using the paper and foil as a guide. Roll in foil to enclose. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice the remaining Picnic. Unwrap sponge roll. Place on a plate. Drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Top with Picnic slices.
Nutritions of Chocolate picnic arctic rollcalories: