Serve this gorgeous strawberry and chocolate ganache tart with mixed berries and shaved chocolate.
The ingredient of Strawberry and chocolate tart
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) almond meal
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- 250g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
The instruction how to make Strawberry and chocolate tart
- Place the flour, almond meal, icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 15 mins to rest.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Line a 22cm round (base measurement) tart tin, with removable base, with pastry. Use a small sharp knife to trim excess. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 mins or until dry to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberry and caster sugar in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook, turning, for 3-5 mins or until the strawberry is tender and juices thicken slightly.
- To make the chocolate ganache filling, place combined chocolate, cream and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 5-6 mins or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Arrange strawberry evenly over pastry base. Pour over chocolate ganache filling. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or until chocolate ganache is set.
Nutritions of Strawberry and chocolate tartcalories: 337.468 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams sodium