This beautiful and easy French chocolate mousse dessert will be a winner at your dinner table.
The ingredient of Madeleines chocolate mousse
- 200g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 5 eggs, chilled, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Cocoa powder, for dusting (optional)
The instruction how to make Madeleines chocolate mousse
- Place dark chocolate and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate is just melted and mixture is smooth (do not overheat). Remove from heat. Set aside to cool until lukewarm (see notes).
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat egg yolks, 1 at a time, into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Wash and dry beaters. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved after each addition. Add a little of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture, folding to combine. Add the chocolate mixture to remaining egg white mixture. Fold gently until just combined.
- Spoon chocolate mixture among 8 x 1/2-cup-capacity serving dishes. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (see notes).
- Remove mousse from fridge 30 minutes before serving. Dollop with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder. Serve.
Nutritions of Madeleines chocolate moussecalories: 408.69 calories
calories: 36.8 grams fat
calories: 22.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 13.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.2 grams protein
calories: 175 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 168 milligrams sodium