Always a fan of the cakey friand, were bringing it back with this cherry and chocolate version.
The ingredient of Cherry, chocolate and pistachio friands
- 85g pistachio kernels
- 195g (1 1/4 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 100g (1 cup) almond meal
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 200g drained sour morello cherries, patted dry, juice reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 6 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 160g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sour morello cherry juice
- 20g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
The instruction how to make Cherry, chocolate and pistachio friands
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease twelve 125ml (1u20442 cup) friand pans.
- Process the pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Sift over the icing sugar mixture and flour. Add the almond meal, chocolate, cherries and lemon rind. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Add the egg whites and butter. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a friand comes out clean. Allow to stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Place the juice and chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium-High for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth. Add to the well. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over the friands. Set aside to set.
Nutritions of Cherry, chocolate and pistachio friandscalories: