You dont need heart-shaped pans to cook something which says I love you - dust a heart on this Snickers laden tart and it will have the same effect! Happy Valentines Day.
The ingredient of Chocolate heart tarts
- 2 x 60g Snickers bars, finely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Chocolate heart tarts
- Make pastry: Place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until dough just comes together. Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease four 3cm-deep, 10cm (base) loose-based fluted tart pans. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 13cm cutter, cut 4 rounds from pastry. Line pans with pastry. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place pans on a baking tray. Line pastry cases with baking paper. Fill with uncooked rice or ceramic pie weights. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove baking paper and rice or pie weights. Bake for 5 minutes or until base is light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven to 160u00b0C. Divide Snickers between pastry cases. Combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture. Fold in until just combined. Pour mixture into pastry cases. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Allow tarts to cool in pans for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold. Dust tarts with icing sugar to form a heart shape (see note). Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate heart tartscalories: 874.979 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 29 grams saturated fat
calories: 92 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 257 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 302.32 milligrams sodium