Our dark chocolate and raspberry mousse is a decadent twist on an old favourite.
The ingredient of Dark chocolate and raspberry mousse
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg yolks (see note)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 500ml thickened cream, whipped
- 200g frozen raspberries
The instruction how to make Dark chocolate and raspberry mousse
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure bowl doesnt touch water. Heat, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place yolks and sugar in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Slowly beat in chocolate until combined.
- Fold cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon half the mixture into eight 3/4 cup-capacity glasses or ramekins. Top with raspberries. Spoon over remaining mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve.
Nutritions of Dark chocolate and raspberry moussecalories: 514.089 calories
calories: 37.6 grams fat
calories: 27.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.5 grams protein
calories: 208 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 59 milligrams sodium