Cinnamon adds an extra layer of flavour to this moist and decadent chocolate cake.
The ingredient of Chocolate cinnamon cake
- 200g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Chocolate cinnamon cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well-combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda together. Fold into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk until well-combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool before icing.
- To make icing: Combine chocolate, cream and cinnamon in a small heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and spread over cake.
Nutritions of Chocolate cinnamon cakecalories: 591.286 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 157 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 653.62 milligrams sodium