Keep this handy chocolate slab cake in the freezer and party cakes will be a breeze!
The ingredient of Chocolate celebration slab cake
- 375g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups raw caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mini M&Ms
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Smarties
- 1/3 cup Freckles
- 320g butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate celebration slab cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 21cm x 30cm (base) baking pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm from edge of pan on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition (mixture may curdle). Sift half the flour and cocoa over butter mixture. Add half the buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour, cocoa and buttermilk.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool (if freezing, see box).
- Meanwhile, make Chocolate buttercream Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, cocoa and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Using a serrated knife, level top of cake. Place cake, cut-side down, onto a cake board or platter. Spread top and sides of cake with buttercream. Decorate with M&Ms, Smarties and Freckles. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate celebration slab cakecalories: 291.102 calories
calories: 16.5 grams fat
calories: 10.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 36.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.1 grams protein
calories: 74 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 232 milligrams sodium