Moist and rich, this chocolate brownie slab cake is the perfect celebration food. Best of all it can be made well ahead of time.
The ingredient of Chocolate brownie slab cake
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 375g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 320g butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate brownie slab cake
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 5.5cm-deep, 21cm x 30cm (base) baking pan. Line base with baking paper. Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa in a large bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a jug. Stir buttermilk mixture, then chocolate, into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (cover with foil if over browning). Cool in pan.
- Make Chocolate frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, cocoa and milk, beating constantly until combined. Spread top of cake with frosting. Cut into 24 pieces. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate brownie slab cakecalories: 470.83 calories
calories: 29.1 grams fat
calories: 18.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 50.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.1 grams protein
calories: 107 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 290 milligrams sodium