A slice of nutty chocolate cake is the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of tea or coffee.
The ingredient of Chocolate pecan cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 70g (1/2 cup) pecans
- 4 omega-3 enriched eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 110g (2/3 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- Icing sugar mixture, to dust
The instruction how to make Chocolate pecan cake
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the pecans in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Use an electric beater to beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until thick and pale. Pour in the oil and beat until just combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa over egg mixture. Add the husks and pecans. Use a metal spoon to gently fold until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until surface is dry and cake springs back when touched. Set aside for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate pecan cakecalories: 170.168 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 72 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 96.7 milligrams sodium