This decadent chocolate loaf contains no gluten so everyone can have a slice.
The ingredient of Gluten-free chocolate loaf
- 180g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 100g gluten-free dark chocolate, grated (see note)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 60g gluten-free dark chocolate , melted
The instruction how to make Gluten-free chocolate loaf
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 10.5cm x 20.5cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold in grated chocolate, almond meal and milk. Sift cocoa and flour together over chocolate mixture. Gently fold to combine.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggwhites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Stir one-quarter of the eggwhites into batter. Gently fold in remaining eggwhites. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make chocolate frosting: Using electric beaters, beat butter and half the icing sugar until thick and creamy. Add chocolate and beat until smooth. Add remaining icing sugar and stir until well combined. Spread loaf with frosting. Cut and serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free chocolate loafcalories: 580.292 calories
calories: 42 grams fat
calories: 20.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 57.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 58 grams sugar
calories: 6.9 grams protein
calories: 148 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 459 milligrams sodium