Bite into these crisp eclairs with rich custard cream inside and a drizzle of dark chocolate on top to experience the ultimate in dessert decadence.
The ingredient of Chocolate eclairs with custard cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 50g butter, chopped
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g dark chocolate melts, melted
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate eclairs with custard cream
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the milk, water and butter in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil. Remove from heat (see tip 1). Add the flour and use a wooden spoon to stir until mixture forms a ball and comes away from the side of the pan (see tip 2). Flatten mixture over base of pan and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Use an electric beater to gradually beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is thick and glossy (see tip 3). Place a 2cm diameter plain nozzle into a clean piping bag and spoon in the mixture. Pipe 10 thick lines, about 10cm long, about 4cm apart, on the lined tray. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Use a small knife to make a cut into side of each eclair and return to oven for a further 10 minutes. Turn oven off and leave eclairs inside to cool until required (see tip 4).
- Meanwhile, to make custard cream, combine custard powder and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Gradually stir in milk and cook, using a wooden spoon to stir, for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Use an electric beater to beat the custard until smooth. Add the cream and continue beating until soft peaks form. Place a 2cm diameter plain nozzle into a clean piping bag and spoon in the custard cream.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each eclair lengthways, without cutting all the way through. Use your fingers to remove any soft pastry inside. Pipe custard cream into each eclair. Spread the top of each eclair evenly with the melted chocolate and place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Nutritions of Chocolate eclairs with custard creamcalories: