Breakfast doesnt get better than these warm chocolate ricotta croissants with a light dusting of icing sugar on top.
The ingredient of Chocolate and ricotta croissants
- Melted butter, to grease
- 4 sheets (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 90g (1/3 cup) Nutella
- 150g (3/4 cup) fresh ricotta
- 50g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar mixture, to dust
The instruction how to make Chocolate and ricotta croissants
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Brush 2 baking trays with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Cut the pastry sheets into quarters. Spread each pastry square with chocolate-hazelnut spread. Place a little of the ricotta in 1 corner of a pastry square. Roll up diagonally to form a log. Shape into a crescent. Place on 1 of the prepared trays. Repeat with remaining pastry, chocolate-hazelnut spread and ricotta to make 16 croissants.
- Brush tops of croissants with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven. Set aside on the trays to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle croissants with almonds and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate and ricotta croissantscalories: