The fruity red wine in this tart adds another level of flavour and richness.
The ingredient of Red wine & chocolate tart
- 300g pkt Careme dark chocolate shortcrust pastry (see note)
- 2 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, plus extra to dust
- 1 cup (250ml) fruity red wine (such as merlot)
- 300ml thickened cream
The instruction how to make Red wine & chocolate tart
- Preheat the oven to 190u00b0C.
- Roll out the pastry so itu2019s large enough to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes until dry. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and sift in the cornflour, cinnamon and cocoa. Gently whisk together until combined, but not frothy. Add the wine and 200ml cream, and stir well until combined. Pour into the tart case, then bake for 20-25 minutes until just set. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 100ml cream to soft peaks.
- Dust the tart with cocoa, then slice and serve with the whipped cream.
Nutritions of Red wine & chocolate tartcalories: 528.429 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 146 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 260.67 milligrams sodium