Get your chocolate fix in this sumptuous salted chocolate & caramel tart recipe.
The ingredient of Salted chocolate & caramel tarts
- 300g packet Careme Dark Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry (see Notes)
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 450g jar dulce de leche (see Notes)
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
The instruction how to make Salted chocolate & caramel tarts
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease six 10cm loose-bottomed tart pans.
- Line the tart pans with the pastry, trimming the excess. Chill the tart shells for 10 minutes. Line the tart shells with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice, then bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the paper and weights, then return to the oven for a further 2 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and dry. Set aside to cool completely in the pans.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water), stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a palette knife to spread the dulce de leche in the tart shells, then pour over the chocolate, gently swirling the tart to completely cover the caramel. Sprinkle each tart with salt and serve.
Nutritions of Salted chocolate & caramel tartscalories: 615.903 calories
calories: 27.3 grams fat
calories: 8.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 86 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53.7 grams sugar
calories: 8.9 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 113 milligrams sodium