A choc-coated, triple-layered, oozy caramel treat you simply shouldnt resist.
The ingredient of Chocolate caramel bars
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup caramel Top u2018nu2019 Fill
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate caramel bars
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined (mixture may curdle). Sift flour and cocoa powder over butter mixture. Stir to combine. Remove 1/4 of the dough. Shape both portions of dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using large portion of dough, shape level tablespoons of mixture into 2cm x 4cm bar shapes. Place on prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make a 1cm x 3cm indentation in the centre of each rectangle. Fill each indent with 1 teaspoon caramel.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Roll remaining dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a small sharp knife, cut into 3cm x 5cm rectangles. Re-roll scraps and repeat to make 15 rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on top of each caramel-filled bar. Press lightly to seal. Freeze for 15 minutes. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth. Dip top side of 1 bar into chocolate. Gently shake off excess. Place bar, chocolate-side up, on a wire rack set over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Set aside for 30 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate caramel barscalories: 188.571 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 33 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 92.15 milligrams sodium