This recipe is by Kim McCosker and Rachael Bermingham, the time-poor mums behind the best-selling 4 Ingredients cookbooks.
The ingredient of Flourless chocolate cake
- 200g butter, chopped
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Flourless chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round springform cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesnt touch water). Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Beat eggwhites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until dissolved.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture. Mix to combine. Add one-quarter of the eggwhite mixture. Mix well. Fold in remaining eggwhite mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until top is firm to touch and a skewer inserted into centre has moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake in pan. Serve.
Nutritions of Flourless chocolate cakecalories: 491.145 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 166 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 209.22 milligrams sodium