Looking for a gorgeous gluten-free dessert? You cant get past our chocolate, date and pear date with a creamy chocolate topping!
The ingredient of Gluten-free chocolate, date and pear cake
- 250g fresh medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Gluten-free chocolate, date and pear cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place dates and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Stand for 10 minutes. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Add egg, oil and date mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Arrange pear, slightly overlapping, on top of mixture. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon halfway through, for 1 minute or until melted and smooth. Transfer cake to a serving plate. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free chocolate, date and pear cakecalories: 247.604 calories
calories: 13.7 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 28.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.8 grams protein
calories: 35 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 187 milligrams sodium