These chocolate angel cakes are devilishly good.
The ingredient of Chocolate angel cakes
- 125g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 7 eggwhites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 185g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Softened butter, to grease
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- Silver dragees (see note), to garnish
The instruction how to make Chocolate angel cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl. Place eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer with the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Add two tablespoons of caster sugar and continue beating until the eggwhites are quite stiff. Fold in remaining caster sugar, the vanilla extract, flour and cocoa powder.
- Grease pans well with butter, then divide mixture between pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place icing sugar in a bowl and add some warm water, a tablespoon at a time, until you have a soft icing.
- Drizzle tops of cakes with the icing, allowing it to drip down the sides. Quarter the cherries and use to decorate the cakes along with the dragees.
Nutritions of Chocolate angel cakescalories: