These chocolate biscuits make a wonderful gift for mum on Mothers Day.
The ingredient of Chocolate biscuits
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 50g hazelnuts, halved, to decorate
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons boiling water
The instruction how to make Chocolate biscuits
- Place the chocolate in a small heat-resistant bowl or in the top half of a double saucepan and stir over a saucepan of simmering water until melted (see microwave tip). Set aside.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium mixing bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the chocolate to the butter mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir until just combined. Add the flour and stir to a soft dough. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Cover a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread the hazelnuts on the baking tray and toast in preheated oven for 6 minute or until aromatic. Remove nuts from tray and set aside.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the biscuit dough into balls and place on the lined tray, 3cm apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Stand on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- To make the chocolate icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl. Gradually stir in enough boiling water with a wooden spoon to form a paste. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the icing over the cool biscuits with a small palette knife and decorate each with a hazelnut half.
Nutritions of Chocolate biscuitscalories: