Light and fluffy brioche stuffed with chocolate with a crunchy topping. How can you resist?
The ingredient of Chocolate babka
- 4 cups (600g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) lukewarm milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease mould
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 75g butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 40g cold butter, chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate babka
- Grease two 11cm x 22cm (base measurements) loaf tins with extra butter. Line base with baking paper.
- Place flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl of electric mixer fitted with a hook. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre and add milk and egg. Knead for 1-2 minutes to gradually incorporate surrounding flour until a soft dough. Add butter and increase speed to medium. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Stand, covered with a tea towel, in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Punch down dough with fist.
- Halve dough. On a lightly floured bench, spread dough until a 35cm x 25cm rectangle. Dot with filling and spread slightly with fingers. Starting at 1 long edge, roll dough into a log, gently pulling until about 45cm long. Shape into a horse shoe and plait. Place in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Stand, covered with a tea towel, in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C or 160u00b0C fan-force. Make streusel topping: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Rub in butter with fingers until clumps form. Sprinkle over proved dough. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Chocolate babkacalories: 329.581 calories
calories: 15.8 grams fat
calories: 9.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17.8 grams sugar
calories: 5.4 grams protein
calories: 69 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 172 milligrams sodium