Wow family and friend this Christmas with this truly decadent dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate nougat semifreddo
- 600ml thickened cream
- 200g NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Dark Choc Melts
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 75g nougat, coarsely chopped
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 40g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Dark chocolate melts, extra, melted, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate nougat semifreddo
- Line the base and sides of an 8 x 23cm loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang. Stir the cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use a hand-held electric beater to whisk the egg yolks, egg and sugar in a heatproof bowl for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Place over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water) and whisk for 8 minutes or until mixture is thick and pale. Remove from heat. Whisk for 2 minutes or until cool.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in the nougat, raspberries and almonds. Spoon into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until set.
- Remove semifreddo from freezer and turn onto a plate. Top with extra raspberries. Drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Nutritions of Chocolate nougat semifreddocalories: