Bring a smile to the faces of friends and family with these delicious chocolate truffle gifts this festive season.
The ingredient of Chocolate truffles
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 180g good-quality dark chocolate, extra, finely chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
The instruction how to make Chocolate truffles
- Combine cream, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and stir with a metal spoon until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Use a balloon whisk to whisk in the chocolate until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to set. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use 2 teaspoons to scoop out a spoonful of the chocolate mixture and use your hands to roll into a ball. Place on prepared tray. (If the chocolate mixture becomes too sticky, return to the fridge for 15 minutes or until firm.) Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture. Place baking trays in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Place the extra chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the cocoa in a bowl. Remove truffles from freezer. Use 2 forks to dip a truffle in melted chocolate to evenly coat. Remove truffle, tapping the fork handle gently on the edge of the bowl to shake off any excess. Place truffle in cocoa powder and roll to evenly coat. Transfer to the prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining truffles, melted chocolate and cocoa. Place truffles in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or until set.
Nutritions of Chocolate trufflescalories: