Whats better than a chocolate slice? A double chocolate slice of course!
The ingredient of Double chocolate slice
- 1/3 cup (35g) NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa
- 250g softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (110g) apricot jam
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) icing sugar
- Melted white chocolate, to drizzle
The instruction how to make Double chocolate slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm lamington pan with baking paper. Combine cocoa with 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat butter and caster sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour, baking powder, milk and cooled cocoa mixture until well combined. Spoon into pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Melt jam in a saucepan over low heat. Add dark chocolate and 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Add icing sugar and whisk until smooth. Spread icing over slice and allow to set, then drizzle with white chocolate.
Nutritions of Double chocolate slicecalories: