Layers of pastry enfold the ricotta, chocolate, nuts and brandy filling of this sensational dessert.
The ingredient of Ricotta, chocolate and orange jalousie
- 1 cup (200g) fresh ricotta
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 50g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) mixed peel
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
The instruction how to make Ricotta, chocolate and orange jalousie
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine ricotta, egg yolk, sugar, chocolate, mixed peel, almonds and brandy in a medium bowl.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Use a small sharp knife to cut the pastry in half. Place one pastry half on the lined tray. Spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edges.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the remaining pastry half to make it about 1cm longer and 1cm wider. Fold the pastry in half lengthways. Use a knife to cut long slits along the folded edge, 1.5cm apart, leaving a 1.5cm border on each side and the bottom, unfolded edge. Unfold the pastry and place over the ricotta mixture, pressing the edges to seal. Brush with eggwhite and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Nutritions of Ricotta, chocolate and orange jalousiecalories: 214.622 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 45 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 94.99 milligrams sodium