Toasted pecans taste sensational in this recipe for chocolate brownies. They are gluten-free.
The ingredient of Chocolate and pecan brownies
- 150g low-fat spread
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water, hot
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted (see Notes)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 150g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
The instruction how to make Chocolate and pecan brownies
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 23cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine spread, dark chocolate, cocoa and water. Place bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir until melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 mins.
- Stir in sugar, pecans, almond meal, combined flours, white chocolate and eggs. Pour mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and dry. Set aside to cool. Dust with cocoa and cut into squares to serve. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Chocolate and pecan browniescalories: