Filled with coffee liqueur and cream, Tiramisu translates as pick-me-up in Italian. This one features white and dark chocolate sauce for a decadent finish.
The ingredient of White and dark chocolate tiramisu
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 150ml prepared strong espresso coffee, cooled
- 100ml Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur)
- 24 sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 250g fresh (or frozen thawed) raspberries
- Chocolate sauce, to serve
- Cocoa powder, optional, to serve
The instruction how to make White and dark chocolate tiramisu
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (dont let bowl touch the water). Allow to melt, then stir very gently until smooth. Set melted chocolate aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream to soft peaks , then fold in the cooled chocolate. , then fold in the cooled chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons of the sugar using electric beaters until pale, then whisk in the mascarpone. Carefully fold a quarter of the chocolate cream into the mascarpone mixture, then fold in remaining chocolate cream. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine coffee, Kahlua and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a shallow dish.
- One at a time, briefly dip 8 of the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture and lay in a row on a flat serving platter. Using a palette knife, spread half the mascarpone mixture on top, then scatter with half the raspberries. Top with another 8 dipped sponge fingers, remaining mascarpone and berries, followed by the remaining 8 dipped sponge fingers. Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle tiramisu with the chocolate sauce (see related recipe) and cut into 8 slices. Alternatively, dust the top with some cocoa powder and serve chocolate sauce in a bowl on the side.
Nutritions of White and dark chocolate tiramisucalories: 695.012 calories
calories: 51 grams fat
calories: 33 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 182.68 milligrams sodium