Perfect for an after-dinner dessert, these little cakes taste as good as they look.
The ingredient of Chocolate, date and nut cakes
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (275g) firmly packed dark muscovado sugar (see note)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) Dutch cocoa
- 400g sultanas
- 300g pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 225g fresh dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 100g pecans, finely chopped
- 100g glace orange peel, finely chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 200ml nut-flavoured liqueur (see note)
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
The instruction how to make Chocolate, date and nut cakes
- For fruit mixture, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and stand at room temperature overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Grease 20, 1/2 cup-capacity dariole moulds then line bases with baking paper
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until just combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined. Sift flours and cocoa over cake mixture. Add fruit mixture and stir well to combine. Spoon batter into prepared moulds. Smooth tops then bake cakes for 45 minutes. Stand in moulds for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool. Once cool, wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months. Serve warm, with custard or ice-cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate, date and nut cakescalories: