Finish your feast with this creamy chocolate jelly draped in thick cream and praline.
The ingredient of Chocolate jelly with praline
- 300ml thin cream
- 300ml milk
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 sheets (15g) leaf gelatine*
- Thick cream, to serve
- 125g walnuts
- 220g (1 cup) sugar
The instruction how to make Chocolate jelly with praline
- Place the thin cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, then add the chocolate. Set aside for 5 minutes until the chocolate melts, then stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Squeeze dry, then add to the chocolate and milk mixture. Stir well to combine. Pour into a 1-litre (4-cup) dish. Set aside at room temperature to cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Meanwhile, to make praline, place nuts on a non-stick baking tray. Place sugar and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a pan over low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar, increase heat to medium and cook until golden. Quickly pour over the walnuts to completely cover. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour until firm. Break into rough shards and place in a food processor. Process until a mass of golden crumbs.
- Place the base of the jelly mould briefly in warm water and turn out onto a serving plate. Cut into slices and serve with cream and sprinkle with the praline.
Nutritions of Chocolate jelly with pralinecalories: 956 calories
calories: 62 grams fat
calories: 27 grams saturated fat
calories: 86 grams carbohydrates
calories: 81 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 87 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 89.02 milligrams sodium